Greetings from Studyco Oman, we hope that all of you are staying safe and studying hard!
Want personalised advice from Australia’s Top University?Join our experts from RMIT + EIT. Bring your documents and make your one-on-one appointment following the session (please see attached image).
Date: Tuesday, 11 AugustTime: 2:30pm webinar followed by one-on-one appointmentsPlace: Zoom
Please use the link below to register now and secure your spot. https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_Xps3C4ItSKec6M4gBvds3A
EIT OFFERS 3-month professional certificate online short courses that are trulyamazing & very cost effective. Courses can be done in your spare time to upskill !!
Look forward to seeing you there.
Liz, Annette and Mubaraka Studyco OmanRead More
Heriot Watt University Dubai – Engineer for a Day Workshop
Suitability: Grade 11, 12 & 13 School Students
Choosing the right degree programme and career can be a daunting task. To help you decide, you should try and identify what you’re passionate about. What gets you excited and what do you spend your free time on? Engineering is Challenging, Rewarding, Problem Solving, Creative, Innovative and so much more…Check out this YouTube clip #ThisisEngineering. Whether you have considered engineering as an option or not, start with being an Engineer for a Day!
Heriot-Watt University is planning to host a virtual ‘Engineer for a Day’ event. We have been running this programme for several years but this year the plan is to offer it virtually. The purpose of this email is to assess the interest of your school to participate in our event. The event is free of cost. Kindly, watch the short video, read the event concept below and fill in the short survey form that will take two minutes to complete.
We invite you to join us for the first in a series of Taster Sessions where you can explore what it feels like to be an Engineer for a Day. This first online task will focus on the role of a Design Engineer. The students will be supported to:
1. Download some design software for their PC or Mac
2. Attend a morning webinar that will include design thinking and a tour of labs and demo of advanced manufacturing techniques
3. Design a “take-home” keyring or keychain remotely; Group or One-to-One Teams/Zoom session will be available too
4. Upload the designs and watch live online as their designs are manufactured using laser-cutting
We will send their creations to each student – ideally in packages to a school for further distribution.
We would appreciate if you could complete the survey by clicking here:https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/VNPQMNS
Please note the below FAQ:
1. The Activity is suitable for students from Grade 11, 12 & 13.
2. There is no cap on the number of participants from each school.
3. A teacher from the school may also join in, however this is not compulsory
4. Participation Certificates will be provided to all participants
5. No registration fees for the event
Professor Tadhg S. O’Donovan BA BAI PhD
Associate Head of School – Dubai,
School of Engineering and Physical Sciences,
E-mail: T.S.ODonovan@hw.ac.ukRead More